What is DAS? – Diagnostic Assistance System – This is the full diagnostic system for Mercedes vehicles, it has all functions to diagnose, including reprogramming, configuration, initialisation, fault diagnosis and guided diagnostic tests are contained within DAS.
- All control unit software (reprogramming calibrations) is contained within the DAS software which is allocated monthly via DVD media.
- All access and functionality required in regard the configuration via SCN Coding and/or CVN Coding is covered.
What is WIS-NET? – Workshop Information System – This is the whole workshop information system as developed by Daimler Chrysler for use in the servicing of Mercedes cars. Confined within are installation instructions, procedures, functional and technical specifications. There is some linkage from certain procedures in DAS to respective documents in WIS.
What can Mercedes Diagnostic Tool do? The system offers complete diagnostic coverage of all engine, chassis and body systems:
- Reading and re-setting of diagnostic trouble codes (DTC)
- Real-time reading of dynamic data
- Full component activation clearing and re-setting of adaptation values
- Coding of all engine, chassis, body and instrumentation modules
- Key configuration
- Procedure for fitting Mercedes- Benz accessories through the D2B ring and MOST bus
- Total ASSYST / ASSYST + control (Active Service System) to update on board service history
What is Workshop Green Key? This is a unique one-time key from the factory which is necessary in certain situations such as:
- Disabling a key track
- Replacing the ECU
- Replacing security related control units
- Replacing EIS
Typically the workshop key and EIS must be ordered together and the green key is used to perform the final programming of the EIS.
What does it mean Initialise a Virgin ECU and EIS? The ECU (Engine Control Unit) and EIS (Electronic Ignition System) control module are electronically permanently matched to each other after 40 engine starts. There is no factory procedure to undo this, this means that a used engine EIS or DAS control unit cannot be used on another vehicle. A new control unit can be installed for testing provided the 40 engine starts are not exceeded. Be aware that the new control unit must be variant coded before it can be used, if the 40 engine start cycles are not completed successfully resetting the counter to 0 (removing the version coding) is possible if you disconnect the power from the ECU for at least 45 minutes.
What model years does Star Diagnostic Scanner work with? The Star Scanner should work on cars from 1989 up to 2015 for Mercedes Cars, Buses, Trucks, Sprinter Vans, Smart cars, Etc.
What can I do with Star Diagnostic SD Connect Scanner C3 & C4?
- Reading/Erasing Trouble Codes
- Read Live Data
- Adaption of Modules
- Coding/Programming of Modules
- Component Testing
- Maintenance Information Consultation
What is Xentry? New software released by Benz Company after 04/2009 by diagnosis new cars. WIS.net : Workshop Information System EPC.net: Electronic Parts Catalogue STAR UTILITIES: the movement management system and self-test DAS: the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System ST Finder 2008: Part location finder
What is Smart TAN Code? It opens special function in DAS program with Smart cars 450/451/452/454 Developer model: Mercedes-Benz engineer mode, remove limitations and open more functions.
What is Benz Disassembly system? Video lessons to teach you how to remove each part from Benz cars with details order steps.
Which control units can MB Star Diagnostic Scanner with Xentry troubleshoot?
- Engines (All Gasoline & Diesel Systems)
- Transmissions and Electronic Selector Modules
- Airmatic and Active Body Control Suspension Systems
- Traction Systems: ESP / ASR / ETS / ABS / BAS / SBC braking systems
- Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS) / Airbag, All body modules OCP / UCP / LCP / SCM / SKF / KFB / RCM / DCM’s
- Drive Authorisation System
- Sam (Signal Acquisition) Modules
- Electronic Ignition System (EIS)
- Pneumatic System Equipment and ATA functions
- Air Conditioning / climate control Systems
- Instrument Cluster
- Tyre Pressure Control
- Parktronic System
- Keyless Go
- D2b Command & Audio Gateway (D2B and MOST networks)
- TV Tuner
- Headlamp Range Adjustment
- Seat Electronics
- Rvc, RST & Vario Roof modules
- Automatic Clutch System ACS
- M-Class Body Modules (AAM / EAM / DAS / SEM / VG Transfer Case)
- Assyst & ASSYST + systems